That’s what we found when we conducted a survey of our customers. We own a 48-bike studio outside Boston that will be 7 years old this coming spring. This September and October were our best months ever and we have enjoyed steady growth in revenue and attendance since opening in 2005. (Note: October attendance was up 14% over last October and revenue was up 19% over last October).
I recently reviewed a survey we conducted of our cycling studio visitors. Some things were expected, some were actually quite surprising, here are a few things I found interesting:
- 53% belong to a health club or fitness center*
- 35% claim “regular” outside riding (65% do NOT)
- Other popular activities by students: Running (48%), Yoga, Weight Training, & Personal Training (all over 30%).
- “Quality of Instructors” was cited as the most important factor in client satisfaction
- Online reservation system, convenient location and music were all more important to customer satisfaction than type of bikes used,
- 75% of regular visitors live within 5 miles of the studio
- 10% travel more than 10 miles to attend classes.
*In the comments section of the survey several clients noted they had spin classes at their club but there were serious complaints about reservation systems, bike maintenance and instructor quality.
Inexpensive online survey tools from Constant Contact or Survey Monkey are ideal to gather this kind of information that is helpful for marketing. We also asked our clients to rate instructors and to give us feedback on new potential class times.
Spynergy Consulting has operated cycling studios for 9 years and has worked closely with over 80 individual cycling studio startup projects. We have recently formed a new company called CycleBar: the first indoor cycling studio franchise. CycleBar will provide a turnkey cycling studio solution from top to bottom.
Learn More / Get Complete Details
Click Here to fill out our candidate questionnaire and you will receive a call where you will learn full details on startup costs, franchise fees, financial history of existing studios, operations, branding, marketing and more.